Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A few Poems I have wrote for CHD

Untiled
2011
April Lynn

I wrote this, laying on the doctors table today just thinkin and wondering to myself just everything its not perfect but its my feeling into one

 I look around I see all the monitors
And I think to myself here we go again
No one seems to fully understand how I feel
I wonder will this ever end, will I ever be normal
People all around tells it will get better
But in the end it never dose
I'll always be battling the sick heart
Im in it for life
I hear about little small babies who die
From excatly what I was born with
I often wonder why was I the one to survive

But then I think this CHD has made me who I am
With God on myside I can do anything
I sometimes questionshim,
but in the end I know he has good reasons
Yes I know I have downtimes
But I have seen the power of God's healing work time after time again
I know I am one of the chossen few
Not many people could deal with what I have to go through in life
I am one of the very few Pround fighter's and Survivor's of CHD
CHD HAS MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY



As This Warrior Travels Through Life
by April Lynn
2005-Written after I was healing from a scar tissue removal surgery on the heart

I am a warrior of life
Having defeated death twice,
Misery and pain make appearances
While happiness stays by my side,

Each day brings a new challenge
Knowing the choice is always mine
When loneliness and doubt break through,

If what doesnt kill you makes you stronger
Then I have gained strength in faith,

The battle to become wise
Is fought in mind and heart,
For knowledge comes to those
with open eyes,

Climbing to achieve gives reason
as success renders a smile,
Knowing the road is long and winding
Brings a craving to see more,

This journey continues on
Showing more about myself,
Learning each step of the way
Receiving peace and contentment


As this warrior travels through life








I Was Born a Fighter
By: April Lynn
2011

Everything was going great in life
Untill you find out that your heart is ill again
Everything use to be so easy as kid
When I was kid I didnt understand everything
I'm not a kid anymore and its scary as hell
I find myself sitting, thinking, and asking "why me, why now"
I might have my down points right now
No matter the outcome of this nightmare
Im going to keep living life the best I can

I am stubborn and  hard headed
I have beat this once and I will do again
I have way to many dreams in life;
To just sit back and not fight this
Yes it gets old
Yes I get aggrvated
Yes I get mad and angry
But I just get right back up again
Nothing can keep me down for long
I was born a fighter







"When Time Stands Still"
by April Lynn


It starts with news impossible to hear
It conjures up your every fear
It's when they say your heart is ill
That's when time just stands still



In that moment, that suspended time
A thousand thoughts run through your mind
Will I ever laugh and play?
Will I see my wedding day?



All the planning, the hopes and dreams
Are put on hold -- just what does this mean?
my crib is empty, my toys alone
For now, the hospital will be my home




This is a place where time stands still
Where the void's too large to ever fill
For in a hospital's intensive care
Children lie, some unconscious, some aware



And time is measured by a new yardstick
Every second marked by a monitor's tick
Noting every breath the child takes
And every beat my tired heart makes



Just a moment of watching a child writhe or strain
In sedated confusion, or fear or pain
Or pleading for a drink to which you can't oblige
Seems like far more than an entire lifetime



And the children who live far too long
In hospital gowns, trying to be strong
They have old souls, that's what they say
Because in each moment they've lived a thousand days



For those who say time goes by too fast
Sit and watch children in hospitals and see just how slowly time can pass

No comments:

Post a Comment